your hobby car cost?
I vote I don't want
to know until it is done and maybe not then. However here are
some value formulas. They may help to
convince a spouse that it isn't so bad.
value of your car hobby
Take the Resale value of car and:
- subtract $$ spent
- add $$ you would have spent on other hobbies with little to
- add $$ that you
would have spent on diets, speeding tickets, bail etc. if you weren't
working on the
car is valuable also.
Time on Nova is not that much when you
subtract time you would have spent on other hobbies, watching TV or
going to see sports.
Add bonus points
for the hours you stayed at home and were with or close to the
When kids are included add skills learned,
bonding (only if you didn't yell at them) and love points (the kids not
The kid working at the
local parts store rebuilt a Chevy Apache pickup with his dad, ground up
restore. He was pretty pleased when they
sold it for $16,000, until his dad told him they had shelled out almost
teenagers and if you can keep them off the games and learning something
only $3000 over a 2 year period you are doing good.
my wife says
the hobby car is a Wife's best friend
bet I will keep her forever!)
- You know where your husband is!
- You know and can control the other woman! Especially
if you are friendly with her.
- When your husband comes home ornery you just open the door to
the garage. He will come out grinning.
- If you let him have his car he will let you have anything
- It will greatly increase the number of times a day he says
you are beautiful: and he really does mean you not the car.
- All of his friends will think you are beautiful too!
(No diets ladies.. They just don't compare.)
- He can never sneak in late if he is driving the hot rod!
VHubbard. May 2009
Back to the 66' Nova page