Rule for bad Sci-Fi Movies
No matter how much we love them, some Sci-Fi movies are best to
The following are sure signs of BAD Sci-Fi.
© Val Hubbard copyright details.
- Computers make noise, spin tapes and blink lots of lights
- Feminine figures appear to be more pronounced in space.
- Darkness is used to overcome poor special effects.
- Mouths don't match the sound.
- Long slow scenes showing off the rocket, planet or some
- Weird creatures with no relevance to the movie.
- Continual breaking the law of physics.
- Everything stops moving in space without power.
- Fires in enclosed rooms keep burning.
- Lots of technical jargon to cover poor dialogue.
- Unknown is the main explanation.
- Area 51 or the Pyramids are a plot line.
- Bizarre designs are futuristic.
- The script was the last consideration.
- Recycled monsters, robots or space ships from other movies.
Sci-Fi Rules last updated June 15, 2002.
Sci-Fi page last update Oct 1, 2011
These rules do not reference any specific person, company or
They are comical exaggerations of the occurrences of everyday life. Any
to events anywhere past, present or future is entirely coincidental.